Posted on 06 May 2016.
AN OVERVIEW FROM YOUR PRESENTER, JOHN MOORE:
Lawyers are different. Our role in society in general, and the legal system in particular, places great responsibility in our hands. Our ethical rules call upon us to exercise that responsibility in a manner that differentiates us positively. Despite this opportunity, our profession suffers from ever declining levels of public perceptions of our value to society and trustworthiness. At the same time, technology and competition threaten professional opportunities.
Our future success and fulfillment resides in learning how to expand trust and confidence in each of us as a practitioner and in our profession in general. Doing so requires a comprehensive review how each of us can harness the power of trust, the key driver in successful relationships, to enhance our personal and professional lives.
The Lawyer’s Compass focuses your attention on the critical interplay between your character and competencies and success in building trust in client relationships. In particular, you will:
* Learn How and Why Trust is the Primary Driver of Success In the Attorney/Client Relationship & in Your Practice
* Discover How Your Character is Derived from Your Values and Actions
* Identify Your Individual Personality Type & How This Guides Your Actions Daily
* Walk-through a Comprehensive Review of the Model Rules of Professional Conduct to Uncover its Inherent System of Values & Aspirations
* Learn Professional Competencies That Will Help You Quickly Build Trust in Client Relationships
* Explore How We Derive Congruence, Satisfaction and Contentment in Legal Practice
* Build Your Own Professional Compass to Guide Your Efforts in Building Future Persona & Professional Fulfillment and Success
* Take an Opportunity to Reflect on How to Become “The Aspirational Lawyer”
John E. Moore
Law Offices of John E. Moore, III, PLLC, Vero Beach, FL
John Moore is a faculty member of the Professional Education Group and is one of those people who you just enjoy spending time with. He is passionate about his life, his work and the help that he can provide to lawyers from all areas of practice. He is a high energy, funny, smart and talented teacher. John’s knowledge is practice-proven. He is a principal in the Law Offices of John E. Moore, III in Vero Beach, Florida, where he maintains an active estate planning practice. He is also an actively licensed CPA.
Moore’s experience profile includes tenure with Arthur Andersen LLP, and service as an official of the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development and the Government National Mortgage Association, as well as time in private practice with a large law firm in Washington, D.C. and as managing partner of a small firm in Florida.
John’s enthusiasm for the law reaches well beyond his office door. He was the 2010 recipient of the Florida Bar President’s Pro Bono Service Award in the 19th Judicial District. He personally provided more than 1,500 hours of pro bono services, and oversaw about 1,000 hours on various projects. Moore received his undergraduate degree from the University of Notre Dame and his law degree from the University of Virginia.
6 CLE / 6 E / 6 Applied Professionalism Credits*
Wednesday, May 25 9:00 A.M. – 4:30 P.M.
LIVE GROUP WEBCASTS
*Applied Professionalism Credit is only available by attending the Live In-Person Seminar at the ICLEF Conference Facility.